Music expresses what plain speech cannot. It soothes our minds and moves us in many ways. Songs have signified certain experiences. Songs have become syndromes and have healed people. Songs are impeccably important for everyone. I, for one, am very inclined to music that it would be impossible for me to pick just one as my favorite. It would be like choosing between my mom and dad or both my sisters. I admire them all in their own ways just as I vary my choice of songs depending on genre and my mood. Say, if I were sad, I’d be listening to songs of gospels to ease my feelings. Every time I hear a song about how much God loves us and will save us, I become enlightened. Whenever the lyrics propose that He would never give you a trial that you cannot surpass, I gain confidence and feel better because I take in my mind that He trusted me in fulfilling his will. Then, God endows a smile on my face. My favorite song when I am troubled is “Go the distance” by Michael Bolton. But I wouldn’t just listen to it. I would watch a clipped scene from Disney’s Hercules where Hercules sings the song. It occurs to me that shedding a couple of tears cannot be stopped. The song is very uplifting. It emphasizes that you should not lose hope no matter how many times you fall. Like Nick Vujivic’s line “If I fail and I give up, do you think I’m going to get anywhere? No. What matters is I’m going to finish strong”. He wanted us to know that it’s never the end even if you feel like you own all the problems of the world. Another great song would be "When You Believe" by Mariah Carey. It's a very inspirational song. The song's message is an encouragement for those down and depressed.
On the contrary, when I feel happy, I’d be dancing to “Magic” by B.O.B.. Every time I hear this song, I can’t stop swaying and jumping on my bed. I just feel so hyperactive and carefree. The song is so dynamic. On plain days, I love listening to "Affirmation" by Savage Garden. I can really relate to the song because I feel like we have the same perceptions about certain aspects. Every time a sentence has just been sung, I'd go like "I think so too!". Talk about love, I am definitely a fan of Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars. Taylor expresses what girls want to say. Bruno sings what every girl wants to hear. I love both their voices; Taylor’s country style of songs fits her, as well as Bruno’s admirable singing to RnB music. In contrast, my favorite would be “Forget You” by Cee Lo Green. It has a catchy tune, contains bitter statements and I just love the lyrics. Not because I can relate but perhaps, I wish to relate myself so I could feel the might and pride in the song.
When we talk about musicality, the passion for rhythm and style, I'd choose "Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. I’d listen to Sam Tsui’s version of the song which was a remake of the Glee’s version. But I still consider the original as a classic favorite. This song has got me humming it over and over. Trending songs also become my favorite but only for a short while. It would be the last song syndrome case for staying in tune with the billboard’s hot 100 too much. Often, I do not understand the messages of the music releases in today's generation. It's practically nonsense or maybe I lack sense of comprehension but I wouldn't consider myself musically underdeveloped when it comes to understanding song messages. Trending songs would be stuck in my head all day but they come and go. That's why they're just "trends". In relation to love, it would be something similar to a spur of the moment. It could never replace classic songs by Michael Jackson and John Lennon, etc. I support songs about nature and those against the evils of society. Songs like "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson. I love Michael Jackson's music. He is, of course, the King of Pop after Elvis. I consider him one of the best musicians Hollywood or the music industry has ever produced.
In conclusion, I don’t have any particular favorite. I love music-- All kinds of it. Music has done great things for me that no one can barely do. It helped me and lifted me up. I listen to music because of the need to express. Sometimes, I listen because it makes me feel like someone's accompanying me in the situation I am going through. That feeling of having someone go through with you in times of joy and sorrow is magnificent. It feels great. Then may I say that songs touch the soul. It can change moods because it appeals to our minds-- our consciousness. It is that powerful. I could be plainly pokerfaced all day but after listening to a certain song, I could turn out to be the happiest girl at that instance. Music is about expression of feelings; expression of the inner thoughts. And thoughts and feelings vary from time to time so one song, for me, is would not be enough to become an all-time favorite.

0 comments:
Post a Comment