At first, It seemed so interesting to me. I figured, "Meh, this will be fun and exciting." . In my highschool years, I loved reporting and writing. I love having to compete in debates, formal or informal. I love proving myself correct or being proved wrong. It doesn't matter. Argumentative discussions thrill me. So I told myself that I should take this term paper requirement seriously.
I started off with reading about what electronics is about. I know it's the whole high-end technology, the gadgets, the amazing things that are being desired by society. Then I asked myself, "What about it?" . I tried googling (Google) what are good term paper topics. I ended up with topics I didn't understand, it was far too professional for a freshman like me. So I simply read on about electronics and how it gives convenience for every one of us. Reading more and more, I simply couldn't get any idea on what to write about. So I shut my laptop off and pondered for a while. I figured that if I talk about trending gadgets, what does it matter? My professor's voice went on replay in my mind. Simply couldn't forget her words, "Ask yourself. SO WHAT?" . I kept asking myself that question about the topics I've came up with. Then I remembered how awesome it would be if cars would open via fingerprint scanning; how cool it would be if I didn't have to memorize a whole lot of passwords for different accounts over the world wide web; and what ease it would bring if my cabinet would open upon hearing my voice, that I didn't have to panic when losing my keys. I went back on Google and searched what these technologies are called. Then appeared, BIOMETRICS. I was so excited about knowing more. I was eager, definitely. I wanted to learn how these systems work and thought that if they would only apply these systems to the real world, we would be such an awesome generation. I read articles about certain countries implementing them already. I was a bit down when I read those because I had the whole idea in my head that these weren't possible yet; that I was among the first who thought of the idea about installing these systems for security. But then, I thought of it as a good thing. A thing I could benefit from because it would mean I'd get more sources and feedbacks. I could then create a better term paper because experimentations about the statement have already been done universally. After reading and reading, feedbacks and discussions with statistical tables of different biometric systems, I chose the best and less opposed. The one which was guaranteed to counteract the threats to national security; one which would offer convenience and safety for everyone. That was the iris recognition technology.
It was fun researching, reading and coming up with conclusions after reading several sources. But feedbacks were more interesting. I was agreeing with what every user said even if he/she discussed the downsides of my proposal. But again, I enjoyed every minute of doing my term paper. My final thesis statement is "Iris recognition technology: One if the best ways to secure authorized access."

0 comments:
Post a Comment