Sunday, May 6, 2012

Engineering, huh?

A lot has been going on with my life for the past weeks. Calculus has taken up most of my time. I've been doing nothing but reading books, memorizing formulas, watching tutorials on how to solve problems, actually solving problems and the like. It's stressing me out. I get to spend half my time studying and the other half, worrying about not studying too much. It's crazy, I tell you. I feel like my daily routine is programmed.

Why did I take up Engineering in the first place? Oh right, wasn't my idea. *randomly waves* Hi Dad, thank you so much for putting me through headaches and sleepless nights.

I do have some reasons for why. Firstly, I love arts. Engineering isn't exactly art. It's uh.. Well, you see..Nah.  Actually, I don't see anything. The hell, it will never be art. It's hard to support this decision.. Perhaps I'd want to use my skills to the extent. I don't want to settle for something easy when I know I'm capable of greater and more complex things. Not degrading any course in the field of art, I really do love arts. It's just that, I might regret not developing my abilities in more vexing fields like Math and Science. It would be possible for me to become someone like my father. It would make him happy. He'd be proud. Dream accomplished. But I guess, I might never enjoy my profession. MIGHT. So there is a chance I would, about 3.33% .

But enough ranting about academics and my course. I've better things to do, like study for my exam tomorrow. Yes. I shall. Here we go Partial Derivatives, Maxima & Minima Problems, Related Rates.. etc. Oh Good Lord, Why?

Studying-ly yours, Kaye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment